Tuesday 21 June 2011

BJJ Update

I considered creating a separate blog for BJJ but I lack enough quality information to sustain it so occasionally I will toss a quick post in amongst the various aspects of fitness. Even if you do not practice BJJ (and you should) this may entertain you.

Alphy has really been working his game, got himself a blue belt

I have been unable to make any Thai boxing classes since arriving in Ottawa (hoping to starting in July) and have dedicated my time solely to BJJ with a sprinkle of MMA practice. It has been awesome learning new things and different view points on the same issue whether it is a position, pass or style. Several of the guys got promoted last weekend and it was great to see their hard work pay off, even if I was only around for a small portion of it. I am starting to understand the game more and realizing that trying new moves and getting crushed really is healthy. I have had the opportunity to roll with 25 new guys of all shapes and sizes and am excited to be able to bring some of this new knowledge back to the new Steel City MMA. I really feel that BJJ is a sport for everyone, it is so dynamic that you mold your game to your body rather than try to force your body into a game.  I will try and upload a few videos of guys at Ronin rolling over the next few weeks.

Where you invest your love, you invest your life. - Mumford and Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment